I. Support Staff Holidays
A. The Administrator will publish a schedule of holidays and vacation times to be observed by full-time employees in classification 1(A) at the beginning of each school year to include: Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year's Day, Memorial Day and Good Friday. Leave will not be granted for a Friday or a Monday if a holiday occurs on a Saturday or Sunday
B. Generally, school term employees in classification 1(B) will observe the student holidays and vacation periods. Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Memorial Day are paid holidays. It is incumbent upon the Administrator to schedule regular school term employees to work during these times as needed.
II. Vacation Time
A. In addition, regular full-time employees under classification 1(A) are eligible for paid vacation time according to the following schedule:
1. The 1st year of employment 1 week
2. The 2nd year of employment 2 weeks
3. The 5th year of employment 3 weeks
4. Paid vacation time must be used each year.
5. Vacations will be scheduled with and must have the approval of the Administrator.