The purpose of this policy is to provide performance evaluation, compensation, and benefit guidelines to assure consistency, equal and fair treatment of District support personnel.
- Employee Classification
- All year
- Full time
- Over 210 days
- Bookkeeper, secretary, custodian, eg.
- School term only
- Full time school term,
- Up to 210 days,
- Educational assistant, eg.
- An individual working less than thirty (30) hours per week on average
- Lunch recess monitors, eg.
- Casual or seasonal
- Individuals and/or firms hired to provide a specific service, with a pre-defined beginning and ending.
- Summer custodian, eg.
- All year
- Work Hours
- The school district normally operates on an eight (8) hour day, July 1 through June 30.
- Beginning and ending times for the work day will vary depending upon the job requirements.
- Specific work hours are established at the beginning of each school year by the Administrator.
- Changes to the work hours for an employee covered by this policy will be made by the Administration, as the need requires.
The District Administrator is responsible for all support staff, including part-time individuals and employees of firms providing a service while on District property with the exception of educational assistants who are the responsibility of the Principal. The Administration backed by the Personnel Committee and the Board will ensure conformance to this policy.
First Reading: June 21, 2016
Second Reading: July 19, 2016
Date Approved: July 19, 2016
For the Board: Tom Steiner, President; Lynn Jaeger, Vice President; Dean Troyer, Clerk; Eric Themanson, Treasurer; Bill Barhyte, Member