To ensure the development, implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive student crisis response plan/suicide prevention program, a District Crisis Team is to be formed with the following responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, update and monitor the District Crisis Response Plan.
- Provide procedures to be used for students who appear to be depressed, suicidal or in other ways appear to be at risk including parent involvement and parental notification.
- Provide staff in-service education as needed
- Provide information related to student crisis management/suicide prevention for parents
- Provide age appropriate prevention education for students
- Coordinate prevention information into health education and other curricular areas.
- Develop communication with community referral agencies.