Fighting, Assaulting or Threatening Others
Students involved in fighting, assaulting or threatening other students may face disciplinary action, suspension and/or possible expulsion, and/or referral for prosecution depending upon the seriousness of the incident.
- Student fights in any area of the school building or grounds will be reported immediately to the principal. The student may be required to submit, in writing, the causes of the problem and possible solutions.
- If the problem is of a serious nature, if the problem is repeated, or if it involves a verbal, written or electronically communicated death threat, the student will be suspended and a recommendation for expulsion will be considered. The parent/ guardian will be notified and a conference with the parent/guardian, student, and principal/designee will be scheduled.
- In the case of bodily injury or property damage as a result of fighting, notification of law enforcement officials may be initiated.
- In the case of property damage, monetary reimbursement will be expected.
- In the case of a death threat, law enforcement officials will be notified.
Sexual Assault on Another Student/Employee
Students who sexually assault another student or employee will be subject to disciplinary action including immediate suspension, expulsion recommendation consideration, and notification to Children and Family Services and law enforcement officials.
Verbal or Physical Threats Toward a District Employee Including Death Threats
Students who verbally or physically threaten District employees, including verbal, written or electronically communicated death threats, will be subject to immediate suspension and may be recommended for expulsion. The parent/guardian will be notified, and law enforcement officials may be notified.
Physical Assault on a District Employee
Students who physically assault a District employee will be subject to immediate suspension from school. If such an assault was provoked by prior physical assault on the student by the employee, refer to Policy 447.1. Law enforcement officials will be notified and referral for expulsion consideration will be made. The student’s parent/guardian will be notified and a conference with the parent/guardian, student and principal will be held. Restraining a student physically and in a reasonable manner for enforcement of District policies by an employee will not be construed as assault. Criminal and/or civil action may also be taken by the school employee.
Students who telephone or in any other way communicate a bomb threat will be subject to immediate suspension, notification to law enforcement, and referral for expulsion consideration. The parent/guardian will be notified and a conference with the parent/guardian, student and Principal will be held.