BOARD BRIEF – APRIL 19, 2016
District Administrator Report
Michelle Garven reported on the following:
- Literary Assembly – The Wizard's Apprentice that took place on Thursday April 14, 2016
- Setting up a Board Committee meeting schedule for the 2016/2017 year
- Tightening security around the building by monitoring key fob usage and requiring all visitors including Board Members to sign in at the front office.
Board Member Comments
- The Board expressed concerns over the progress in charging the vandalism suspects from the Wilmot Property last spring.
- Tom Steiner mentioned WASB is looking for a candidate to run for their Board of Director vacancy.
- The Board, staff and parents thanked Cole Marshall for the many years of service on the Board.
- Eric Themanson took the Oath of Office to replace Cole Marshall on the Board.
- The Board approved a copy machine contract with Martin Business Group.
- The Board approved a quote from Hoffman Glass to replace three windows in the old fifth grade wing.
- Mary Fenske asked if the walking path would be ready for the 5K walk/run in May.
- Eric Themanson asked if the Board summary would be coming back to the school website and if we could put all Wednesday folder items on the website and only send home packets to those that do not have Internet service.