District Administrators’ Reports
Michelle Garven, District Administrator reported on the following:
- Wilmot High School pulled out of the Federal Lunch Program we should’ve been bidding out for food services.
- Student enrollment is about the same as last year.
- Open enrollment numbers are also very close to last year. Eric Themanson asked from which school do most of the student enroll. Ted Gavlin
Board Member Comments
- Dean Troyer mentioned that the new Administrator at Wilmot High School would like to meet with our Administrative team to discuss how the two schools can work together to help each other in different areas.
- Tracy Donich told the Board the Standards were the same and they could find information on the website.
- Tracy Donich explained the Gap Reduction Grant replaces the Sage Grant keeping Kindergarten through 3rd grade classes smaller, helps with one on one support for students.
- Dean Troyer asked when the size of a class affects learning.
- Michelle Garven explained tests have been done and when there are smaller classes no more time was spent with students compared to having larger classes due to the teacher having other duties. Mary Fenske asked if tests had been done on “full inclusion.” Michelle Garven stated tests have been done.