District Administrators’ Reports
Tracy Donich, Director of Curriculum & Instruction reported on the following:
- Stated that the district is above the national average for reading, as measured by Measures of Academic Progress(MAP) scores in grades K-3. Continuous Improvement is truly at the forefront of teaching and learning.
Michelle Garven, District Administrator reported on the following:
- Stated that our science teacher Ashley Adam’s experience aboard NASA’s SOFIA lab is beginning to hit the media. The link can be found here. Ashley will be sharing her experience at a future board meeting.
- Shared that the Board should receive an email from Tracy Donich with training information for both the on-line training and in-person active shooter training for ALICE.
- Mentioned the District would like to do a School Board Candidate Forum on either Monday, March 6th or Monday, March 13th for the three candidates running for the Spring Election. Dr. George Steffen has agreed to moderate.
Board Member Comments
- Dean Troyer stated the NHD night was a huge success.
- Tom Steiner told the Board about the Legal and Human Resources Conference on February 23rd in Wisconsin Dells at the Kalahari. He also asked if anyone was interested in going to the Day at the Capitol on March 15th. Tom is going and Lynn is interested.
- Tom Steiner also mentioned that he spoke with Senator Wanggard and Representative Kerkman concerning starting school before September 1st.
- Finance - January 24, 2017 - Eric Themanson mentioned the Committee focused on the preliminary budget projections.
- Policy - January 24, 2017 - Tom Steiner mentioned items would be on the next meeting’s agenda. He stated some policies were being reviewed. Michelle Garven stated the Committee discussed the Special Ed Directors job description and holidays and vacations for support staff.
- The Board and Leadership Team participated in a mini work session to discuss district priorities and budgeting in light of the vision, mission and parameters of the TWC strategic plan.
- Staff Contract was approved
- No action was taken on a possible Board transition or reorganization
- Dean Troyer mentioned Shrek put on by the Spotlight Theatre was this weekend at Wilmot High School.
- Jenny Loveless stated the Choir program at Wilmot High School with area feeder schools was very nice and comments were made about Trevor-Wilmot students being very strong singers.