BOARD BRIEF – November 1, 2016
District Administrators’ Reports
Tracy Donich, Director of Curriculum and Instruction reported on the following:
- Measures of Academic Progress(MAP) scores have continued to rise at each grade level in reading and math.
- Forward Exam scores in reading and math for third through eighth grades; fourth through eighth grade also tested in science and social studies.
- All grades are show appropriate growth with strong college and career readiness in academic areas.
Ted Gavlin, Building Principal reported on the following:
- The goal of the Organization Effectiveness Task and how the Steering Committee worked with him to increase productivity of the school through efficient routines and procedures.
Michelle Garven, District Administrator reported on the following:
- At Thursday’s In-Service over 100 teachers, staff, parent volunteers and substitute teachers participated in a 2 hour online training in the Active Shooter program, ALICE. This training was concluded with an all participant debrief at the end of the day. All participants in the program are encouraged to become advocates in the community in helping parents understand the training and the rationale behind it.
- Thanked Ted Gavlin, Tracy Donich and the teachers for their hard work in achieving high test scores amid the many curricular and assessment changes.
Board Member Comments
- Lynn Jaeger asked about the Spooktacular. Ted Gavlin and Dean Troyer stated it went very well and was well attended.
- Dean Troyer reminded everyone of the Pancake Breakfast on Sunday, November 13th. Dean also thanked Bill Barhyte and the Fire Department for donations for the Spooktacular and the pancake breakfast.
- Tom Steiner mentioned Bill Barhyte and Tom were up for re-election in Spring of 2017. If anyone wants to run for the School Board, the candidate deadline for filing all documents needed to establish eligibility to appear on the ballot is Tuesday, January 3, 2017.
- Policy Committee - November 1, 2016 - Tom Steiner mentioned the Committee discussed dress codes, proper footwear and scheduling of when to review policies and how often.
- Jenny Loveless was present and discussed Tier pay for Special Ed Aides.
- Action Items Approved –
- Proposal from CESA 10 to conduct a Facility Assessment