BOARD BRIEF – August 16, 2016
District Administrators’ Report
Michelle Garven, District Administrator reported on the following:
- Presented the 2015/16 Seclusion and Restraint Report for Mr. Gavlin
- Shared highlights from the WASDA Summer Legal Seminar in her written report
- Informed the board that the building is fully staffed for the start of the school year
Board Member Comments
- Tom Steiner talked to the Board about attending the WASB 2016 Employment & School Law Seminar on October 13th and 14th in Wisconsin Dells. Dean Troyer and Tom Steiner plan on attending.
- Negotiations Committee – Met on July 25, 2016 with SPEAK. Lynn Jaeger mentioned there would be many changes for the upcoming year, which will be discussed in Executive Session
- Strategic Planning Compensation Subcommittee – Met on August 16. Tom Steiner mentioned the Sub-Committee was ready to go to the Strategic Planning Committee with their accomplishments.
- Approved a cleaning contract for the school building with Emeric for the 2016-17 school year.
- Approved New Teacher Contracts – Mariam Antaramian as Spanish teacher, Kimberly Heelein as Cross-Categorical Special Education teacher, Holly Miller as PT Physical Education teacher and Rachel Vecitis as Occupational Therapist.
- Approved revisions to Employee/Policy Handbook
- Approved revisions to Parent/Student Handbook
- Approved Flooring Contract
- Set date for Annual Meeting - October 18, 2016 at 6:00 P.M.